12 Oct Kathryn’s Rack of Lamb
2 2-pound racks of lamb, trimmed
6 cloves of garlic, finely minced
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely minced
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the lamb racks fat side up on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine the minced garlic and rosemary with the olive oil. Rub the garlic-rosemary mixture all over the lamb. Season with salt and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Roast the lamb in the upper third of the oven for 25 minutes for medium-rare meat; 30 minutes for more well done meat.
- Transfer the racks to a cutting board, tent loosely with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes. Carve the racks between the rib bones and transfer to plates. Season with black pepper, if desired, and serve immediately.